Chief Releases Comprehensive Report
2015 Administrative Investigation and Use of Force Report
The Fairfax County Police Department has posted CY 2015 Use of Force Data which takes a broader approach to provide transparency to all members of our community and the law enforcement profession. The data sets are intended to engage a discussion between the great community we serve and the leadership of the Department as we continue to re-engineer our use of force training, policies, and culture.
Within the last 12 months, the Fairfax County Police Department has made public the following reports:
- Last Decade of Fairfax County Officer-Involved Shooting Information
- Summary of Justifiable Homicides 2005 – YTD
- Community Survey Report of the FCPD
- PERF Use-of-Force Policy and Practice Review of the Fairfax County Police Department
- PERF – Recommendations Relating to Release of Information
To view these reports including the 2015 Use of Force Report click here.
Chief of Police, Colonel Edwin C. Roessler Jr., continues to increase the Department’s transparency footprint in all areas of administration and operation so that we may continue to build upon the trust and confidence of a caring and engaged community. We thank each community member for their engagement as we continue to ensure that Fairfax County remains the safest jurisdiction in the United States of America.