Detectives Investigate Armed Robberies in the Culmore Area
Mason Police District – Detectives assigned to the Mason District Station Criminal Investigations Section are investigating commonalities in four reported robberies that have occurred since Saturday in the 3300 block of Glenmore Drive. In all the robberies, a man approached victims with a knife and demanded cash or property before running away. The suspect(s) are described as a white male, 17-25 years old, 5’8’’, 180 lbs., and wearing a mask. Officers are increasing foot and vehicle patrol in the area and are asking for the community to report suspicious activity. Below are the reported cases under active investigation.
- 6/5/21, 9:01 p.m. The victim was approached by a man with a knife who demanded property before running away.
- 6/5/21, 10:13 p.m. Two victims were approached by a man with a knife who demanded property and physically assaulted a victim before running away. No injuries were reported.
- 6/8/21, 10:37 a.m. The victim was approached by a man with a knife who took cash and property before running away.
- 6/8/21, 4:57 p.m. The victim was approached by a man with a knife who demanded property and assaulted him before running away. The victim was taken to a hospital for injuries that were not life threatening.
Please remember these robbery prevention tips:
- Show confidence. Walk at a steady pace, keep your head up and avoid carrying lots of items
- Be observant. Remain alert and pay attention to the people around you.
- Walk in pairs, when possible.
- Avoid secluded areas or areas with fewer people
- Trust your instincts. If you sense trouble, leave the area.
As always, report suspicious persons and activity by calling our non-emergency line at 703-691-2131. If you are the victim of a robbery, or see a robbery in progress, dial 911.
Detectives are asking anyone with information regarding these incidents to call our Mason District Station Criminal Investigation Section at 703-256-8035. Tips can also be submitted anonymously through Crime Solvers by phone – 1-866-411-TIPS (866-411-8477), by text – Type “FCCS” plus tip to 847411, and by web – Click HERE. Download our Mobile tip411 App “Fairfax Co Crime Solvers”. Anonymous tipsters are eligible for cash rewards of $100 to $1,000 dollars if their information leads to an arrest.
For ongoing updates, please read our blog and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at @FairfaxCountyPD.